The best illustration I have for intercession comes from the story where Jesus heals a paralytic in a super crowded home. You may ask, how did a paralytic manage to get there? And the answer is, he didn’t. His friends did it for him!
Four men decided Jesus could solve their friend’s problem. They took the man all the way from his house to where Jesus was staying. But the number of people standing between them and Jesus was in fact impossible to navigate. So the friends went one step further. They climbed up on the roof, dug through it and then lowered the man on his mat right in front of Jesus. (Mark 2.15)
That, my friends, is intercession in a nutshell!
Every one of us, one time or another, find ourselves in a situation like the paralytic. We need help to arrive at Jesus’s feet. That’s the place where miracles happen. It’s not easy to arrive at that place. So we need friends that believe in Jesus enough to help us get there.
This year, we are asking people to be the four friends for each child who is spending their quarantine away from their families in Brazil. These children are there for many reasons, none of them light or heartwarming. On the contrary, the reasons for the separations will break our hearts. We believe that they break Jesus’s heart as well!
Here is how you can intercede:
- We ask you to go to this area of the site;
- Choose one child and go to that’s child page;
- Read their requests and pray and ask the Father of orphans to provide a family for the child;
- Write an encouraging message to the child and send it. It will arrive to James and Elsie Gilbert’s inbox;
We will translate and have it arrive to the child you prayed for.
- James and Elsie Gilbert are missionaries in Brazil since 1998. They are actively involved in the effort to better the Christian response to the most vulnerable children in that country.
To know more about them visit here.